Friday, March 11, 2011

LENT

You might be wondering why I haven't been putting up any pictures on my blog lately. Well let me tell you- it's because I haven't taken any. Aside from the Valentine's pictures (which I put up on facebook) I haven't taken pretty much ANY pictures this year. I took a picture every single day in 2010, so I guess I am just a little burnt out. But hey- As soon as I do something that is picture worthy- I promise to not only document it, but put it up on the blog as well.

Anyway- It's that time of year again. That's right- lent. I just started doing lent last year, and it was quite an enjoyable experience, so I decided to do it again this year, and probably every year from here on out. I decided to go for something way hard this year. I'm giving up paying to go out to eat. And I go out to eat a LOT. So it'll be hard- but worth it. Not only will I benefit as a person from making such a sacrifice, but my wallet will also benefit. And that's the real deal folks. Let's just say that I'm not the best with money. I'm not the worst. But I'm not the best. So yeah. I have a free meal at Tucanos and a Jimmy John's gift card to get me through the next 40 days. haha. And if I happen to get asked out to dinner, I will also have that available to me. But in general, I'm going to be cooking a lot more! That's pretty exciting I suppose. I do like to cook, I just never take the time to do it. So maybe now I will, since I don't even have the option of going out to eat. It started on Wednesday, so I'm going on day 3 now. I haven't felt any withdrawals yet. Maybe I will, who knows. I seemed to fair pretty well with giving up facebook last year without feeling too many withdrawals, so maybe if I feel like I can't do something, then I don't feel the need to do it? I don't know. The same thing happened when I gave sugar one time. So I guess we shall see. Wish me luck, everyone!

2 comments:

Marge Bjork said...

I am curious to watch what you do in the next 40 days

Angela said...

Grace, I am so proud of you. I wish I could be around for your cooking! Good luck!