Monday, March 30, 2009

Update

Alright here's the low down on my past weekend.  I went to this festival called the Festival of Colors.  It was at a Hare Krishna temple in Salem.  I'm not really sure what the background of all the rituals are - but what happens is you all have these bags of colored chalk and then just throw them at everyone!! Then you just chant and dance and listen to Indian music! Pretty tight is you ask me!  It took us 2 and a half hours to get to a place that's like 20 minutes away - but it was still fun.  We missed the initial chalk throwing, but we still got chalked up.  This is my face afterwards - I'm going super early next year!

We also went to the aquarium in Sandy at work on Saturday.  It was pretty cool - the aquarium was pretty darn small though.  My mom loves aquariums so I've been to quite a few big ones in my life - so this one wasn't very impressive.  It was still fun to have something to do though I guess.  And we got to pet a stingray!  They are super slimy - so I wasn't really a huge fan of that, but hey now I can say that I've petted a stingray.  

So yeah these are all the guys: Brian, Greg, Scott, Kurt.  I love the creepy fish in the back!! haha. Alright that's about all for now.  I'll write again soon!  

1 comment:

Al said...

I've pet a stingray too! they are way slimey! it's cool to say "i've pet a stingray" tho.