Thursday, November 5, 2009

November is HERE!

2009 is quickly coming to an end... and I'm not sure how I feel about that. This year has gone by really fast, and yet I feel like I haven't accomplished much of anything. If anything, it hasn't been an awesome year at all. I suppose some years have to be like that. It's not that this year has been oh my word awful, it's just been kinda blah. I need to be better about being more productive with my time, and I mean really! Now that I've got that little tid bit off my chest, onto more important things. This past week has been ok I supposed. The weekend, however, was interesting to say the least. I went on this blind date- long story. And boy was it awkward! It was with this guy that is 27, in the military, drives a jeep, etc. I don't think the conversation could have been more forced. I know I'm not the most outgoing person in the world, and I know that in general I have the tendancy to be extremely awkward in social situations. This being said, I feel like I have the right to harp on this guy and his utter lack of being able to have a conversation at all! The date was in Salt Lake, meaning that we had close to an hour there and back to just be by ourselves, talking. I guess my main problem is that he did not ask ONE question about myself. Not ONE!!! Isn't that how conversation works these days? I mean, it wasn't filled with a bunch of awkward silence. But that's just because I had to wrack my brain constantly for questions to ask him, and it quite literally drove me nuts! There's only so much you can ask a person if they won't give you something to go off of, right? Oh well, I guess not all dates will be awesome. I'm just extremely disappointed that there are people out there who haven't figured some common sense things out... haha
On another note, I have decided to start a card making business! I have been making homemade cards for friends and family for a lot of the holidays for the past few years and I have realized that I really do have a talent for this. So why not make profit? I'm not usually very confident in my talents and abilities, but in this I am. So I have already started to make some Christmas cards. It takes me quite a while to come up with a concept and then make the card, so I figure I'll be ready to sell cards in 6 months to a year's time. But I'm really excited about this because I just think it could really work out, if I'm willing to put the time into it. So yeah, that's what has been on my mind as of late. Hopefully more to come soon!

1 comment:

Marge Bjork said...

oh that's a really good idea!