Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Oh hey...

Oh hey, it's been a while. I keep thinking that none of the blogs that I follow are blogging very much lately, but then I remember that I'm not either. Probably because not a lot has happened worth blogging about. Here's something of interest for you I suppose- I'm in a dinner group, well actually 2 of them this summer. One on Tuesdays and one on Thursdays. I'm really really glad that I decided to join because it has been quite a good experience. I really do love cooking. And even more than loving to cook, I love to have people eat and enjoy my food. Perhaps its a vanity thing where I really just like to impress people and have them validate how awesome I am, but either way I really do enjoy it. I guess I also like having a reason to cook. It's so much easier to cook for a group than for just myself, plus I have more motivation to do it if I know that people are counting on me. I've cooked twice this summer. The first time I made Indian food- chicken tikka marsala. It was freaking good, I must say. And then this past Tuesday I made Banh mi sandwiches- which are French Vietnamese meatball sandwiches basically. And they were soooo good! Those sandwiches are one of my favorite things that my dad makes, so I figured I would give them a try.

Not only is it fun to cook, but it's also fun to chat and discuss things with people while eating good food. I have 2 awesome groups of people that are a lot of fun and I enjoy spending time with them. Plus they all cook well too! So it's just a win win situation all around. I want to always be in a dinner group now. Even when I'm married with kids, I still think it would be fun to do so. Now I need to be thinking about what I want to cook next.....

P.S. I am acing my French class. Not to brag, but yeah I guess it is to brag. Je suis intelligente!

1 comment:

Marge Bjork said...

super!! said in that funny french way