Thursday, May 10, 2012

Falling in Love with St. Louis all over again

Well I had the fortune of procrastinating real life for another week thanks to the visit of some great friends from Provo!  I'm really glad they came for multiple reasons.  One of them being that I was able to get out into the city of St. Louis and remember what it has to offer.  We often don't appreciate what is right in front of us unless we are given a reason to see it.  In this case, I was able to go to the arch and other attractions- which are things I probably wouldn't have done on my own accord.  And can I just say that the arch is glorious?  It makes me proud to be from St. Louis.  Here's me reveling in its glory:
 We also walked down the loop, which is just this street full of cool shops and restaurants.  Another fun thing is that is has "hollywood" stars all along the sidewalks with the name of celebrities from St. Louis on them.  Oh and I found this gem of a mural up on one of the walls.  Needless to say- Viva St. Louis!
 My lovely guest then decided that they wanted to take a tour of the Anheuser-Busch Brewery since it is headquartered in St. Louis and all.  And it was a lot of fun!  Who knew there was so much to making beer?  And that the midwest drinks more beer than any other region in the nation.  I was the only one in our group that was able to pat myself on the back for that major accomplishment.  Here's the souvenir pic that they tried selling me for $20.  I figured I would just take a picture of it with my phone instead.  Taylor is my favorite in this pic (far left):
 We also enjoyed cooking lessons from my wonderful father.  Let's just say that we ate verrrrrry well this weekend.  
 Angela stayed a little longer than the rest of the group so I took her to the botanical gardens.  It was the perfect day to go.  Not too hot and not too humid- which is the more important part.  The Mo Bo gardens are getting ready for their Chinese lantern festival- which is what we are pictured with here:
Overall, it was a splendid weekend.  Now off to the real world.  For realzies this time. 

3 comments:

Sarah Peterson said...

looks lovely! Makes me miss home sweet home :) How long will you be in STL? I'm coming at the beginning of July for 3 weeks. I'd love to see you!

Angela said...

Grace is the greatest hostess in the country! Falling in love with St. Louis was easy for all of us! Leaving felt unnatural.

Marge Bjork said...

that arch makes me proud you're from st. louis.