Saturday, June 29, 2013

Boating on the Mississippi

Well I finally felt like it was summer for the first time today.  Although I don't really miss being in school, the one thing that I do miss is summer vacation.  Ben is off of school and enjoying the "I don't have to do anything" life while I am working 40 hours a week.  This just doesn't seem fair somehow! Back to my post however.  We went boating with friends today out on the good ole Mississippi.  And it was awesome! Big shout out to Annalise- the organizer of the event and also provider of the boat :) 

The weather was perfect until it started raining a bit, which means our day was cut slightly short.  But only slightly and we still thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.  So it really felt like summer today.  And I got to wear my new swim suit!  That's good news as well.  


In other news: We are moving to our new apartment on Monday!  Well starting to on Monday at least.  and finishing the rest of the week.  And wow can I NOT wait.  I've been living out of a suit case since the week before I got married- for those of you counting (and aren't you all?) that's been over a month- we are about to hit the 6 week mark.  So yeah we are living out of boxes and suitcases, and needless to say, it isn't ideal.  So this move is just what the doctor ordered! I will post pictures when I get a chance. Happy summer everyone!!

No comments: