Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Goings On

Ok due to a demand for more pictures, I will try and include more pictures.  I will warn you, however, that I've been absolutely terrible with taking pictures this semester.  I need to repent and do better, so hopefully that'll happen.  I did take a few pictures this past weekend though, and this is one of them.  This is me and two of my roommates (Heidi and Michelle) at a bonfire that we went to this past weekend.  My friend Alex from St. Louis was having a bonfire in the canyon, so I brought my roommates.  It was pretty fun, and the weather was chilly, so perfect for a bonfire.  After the bonfire, we all headed home, where our other roommate, Hilary, was and we watched a movie.  It was a pretty good Friday night.  Then on Saturday I worked all day and then prepared for Sunday that evening.  My Saturdays are never really that exciting because I spend all of it either working or preparing for Sunday, which is always the busiest day of the week.  But I don't mind, because I actually enjoy it.
So my current goal of the week is to not spend too much money.  I'm so amazing terrible with money, and I really want to get better at it.  I have a full time job, so I make decent money, but I always seem to spend the same amount that I make in a 2 week period.  So I have enough money, but at the same time, I'm not saving any money, which is not a good thing.  So I'm trying to build my savings back up.  Plus with the current state of the economy, it's definitely a good idea to have money saved up.  So far, I think I've done pretty good with my goal to not spend money.  Yes I have spent a little bit of money, but not as much as I would normally spend.  I keep wanting to go shopping and buy new shoes or clothes, but I really don't need those things, and I have to constantly keep reminding myself of that so that I won't spend the money, even though I technically have it.  My desire to save also ties into my desire to live a simpler life once again.  I need to be grateful for all of the things I have, and cure my desire to always want more.  And if I don't want more, then I won't buy more! It all works out, if I can just do it.  
Well the elections are coming up, and I'm still really undecided as to who I want to vote for.  I used to be sucha huge Obama fan and I was positive that I was going to vote for him.  And I'm really not that big of a fan of McCain, but I really like his VP, Sarah Palin.  Plus once the campaigns really get going, then I always seem to kind of lose faith in both candidates and it turns into choosing the lesser of two evils instead of choosing someone that you really like.  I know a lot of people think that I am pretty conservative, because often times mormons seem that way.  (Or are that way.)  And in St. Louis, yes I was considered to be pretty conservative because everyone else around me seemed to be so liberal.  But out here in Utah it seems to be quite the opposite.  I'm not extremely liberal, but relatively, it does seem that way.  That's why I really consider myself to be moderate because my political beliefs have things in common with both the democratic and republican party.  I think both parties have good ideals, but putting them into practice is always the hard part.  I could go on and on about what my stances are on the various political topics, but that's way to complicated and would take too long, so I'll spare everyone.  :)  If you are curious, however, you can just ask, and maybe I'll consider writing a post on it.  I think that's all I've got for today, so until next time!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Again....may I remind you that if the eighth dwarf brings his pick axe to the white house there will be nothing left of it when Snow White returns from the forest and the wicked stepmother will end up killing us all....perhaps mistaking one of us for a wolf being shot from the air. :)

Grace said...

Did you come up with that on your own?

Unknown said...

What is that supposed to mean? Did I come up with that on my own?

Freda Finlinson said...

first of all, ignore dad...vote your conscience. Now I have to object to your choice of favorite picture. What are you thinking putting the awful picture of your mom out there for all to see?????? Gosh Grace, I thought you loved me!!

Grace said...

i love how my parents are the only ones that read this blog. lol

Anonymous said...

Grace-

I read your blog too and I LOVE it.

Kerry