Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Better In Time

Well not too much as happened since my last post.  I always find it funny how I am so amazingly busy, and yet my life seems to remain the same day to day, so there's really not that much to tell! This past weekend was pretty blah.  I didn't do much.  I guess that has to happen sometimes.  Hopefully not too often though.  Church on Sunday was good though.  It usually is.  After church we had a dinner at my apartment with people from the ward.  Hilary, my roommate cooked Brazilian food for ever that was really great.  It was called "dinner in a pumpkin."  You scrape out a pumpkin, and then smear the inside with cream cheese.  After that you cook the pumpkin in the over until its tender and ready to eat.  While the pumpkin is cooking you sautee chicken, garlic, and onions together.  After the chicken is fully cooked, you add tomatoes (diced up and blended).  Then you pull the pumpkin out and pour the chicken into the pumpkin and mix it all up, scraping some of the pumpkin into the mixture.  Then you serve that over rice.  It was really yummy!  But yeah we had a good turn out, there were about 15-20 people that came.  So I'd call that a success.  Hopefully we can do it more often.  
Then we had FHE last night.  We tied baby blankets for a service project.  We also served leftovers from the dinner we had on Sunday.  Oh and I also baked a red velvet cake over the weekend that we served at the dinner and at FHE.  Everyone loved it!  With that being said, it was a little hard for me because at this time of year the main question asked is "Are you going home for Thanksgiving?"  So of course it was a huge conversation with my FHE group about how everyone is going home for Thanksgiving, how they would die if they couldn't go home, and a bunch of "if I can just make it to Thanksgiving then I can get through anything" being said.  Then there's always the awkward moment when I say that I'm not going home and people don't really know what to say.... I have come to terms with the fact that I'm not going home, but it just doesn't help when that's all that everyone talks about at this time of year.  Oh well, the time will pass and everything will be better then.  
It reminds me of the song "Better in Time" by Leona Lewis.  I just love this song because it just reminds me that no matter how bad it is, time will pass and everything will be ok.  Time heals everything!  That's a great lesson that I've learned this year.  I can't believe that this year is almost over.  I'll be at home for Christmas break in less than a month.  That is so insane.  Then it'll be time to celebrate the coming of the new year.  I still feel like it hasn't been 2008 long enough.  This has been one of the fastest years ever.  But I'm sure the years to come will be just as fast, if not faster.  Well once again its a short one, but that's all I've got to say for today, so until next time....

P.S. Mom and Dad- I would prefer to not get any comments referring to me not coming home.... I will not be happy with you!! :)

1 comment:

Freda Finlinson said...

I wasn't going to say anything about Thanksgiving, silly. But I do want to say that I LOVE that song too. Just yesterday it came on the radio & Parker was like "Yuck, I hate that song" but I slapped his hand away before he could change the station because I love the words... for the same reason you said. I can't wait to put that song on my i-pod that I am getting for Christmas (hint-hint)
XOXO, Moo