Sunday, November 2, 2008

November already?

Is it really November? Wow does time fly.  I feel like I'm always saying that and it's so cliche, but it is oh so true.  Ok so it's been quite a while since I last wrote.  Let me update you on what I've been up to.  The weekend before last was pretty chill I don't think I did much.  To be honest, I don't really remember.  Then for FHE this past week we had a pumpkin carving night.  The pumpkins all turned out pretty good if I do say so myself.  Ours was of the BYU cougar, which was pretty intense to carve.  Then on Wednesday night we had enrichment night, where we had a "favorite things" dinner.  Everyone brought their favorite thing to eat.  We had a really good turn out and the food was all really yummy, even though it was pretty random.  Then Friday night was Halloween.  I am sad to admit that I actually didn't do anything.  I ended up taking a shift from one of my co-workers because she had a funeral to go to.  So I gave candy to trick or treaters all night.  Not a terribly fun night, but not a terrible night either.  Then on Saturday I worked all day until 4 and then got some dinner with my roommates.  We then watched a movie and went and got frozen yogurt.  It has become quite the tradition I must say.  We have a new place in our complex called Yozone, where you serve your self and then they charge you based on how much it weighs.  Its an awesome place and we have gone their every weekend since it has opened.  And its all fat free! haha.  
Ok so today is Sunday and it was such a great day.  My meeting before church went really well and then church itself went really good as well.  I taught the lesson today in Relief Society on how we can feel the spirit more often and more strongly in our lives.  I think it went pretty good.  A lot of people made comments and I feel like it went really smooth.  No awkward moments or anything. And that's always a good sign, right?  I guess I'm always hesitant to judge my own lessons or talks because I never really know how well I did.  So anyway, after church I had another meeting and then went to break the fast.  It was a good little ward activity.  
Oh and I voted!! First presidential election baby!  I voted for Obama for all of you that are wondering.  He just seemed like the better choice in my opinion.  There a few Obama supporters out here at BYU, but overall everyone is pretty republican out here. Surprise, surprise.  One guy was wearing a republican party tie today at church and I just had to chuckle to myself because BYU is pretty much the only place he could get away with that because anywhere else he would be punched or something.  Or at least yelled at.  lol.  Of course I'm being overdramatic, but still, I found it amusing.  
Alright, it's a short one today, but that's all folks!!

3 comments:

Freda Finlinson said...

So Proud to know you. Thank you for all your efforts to be a force for good in the world!

And, you know that I gave Grandma your blog spot address. She will thrill at your voting selection!

Freda Finlinson said...

Grace, you are so cute! I really mean that. I am so proud to be your mom. You truly are amazing.
BTW this comment really is from me :)
XOXO, Moo

Anonymous said...

i love your blog, grace!!

-michelle (borage)