Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Sweet Life

Well the past week is over- which means I officially am done with all 5 of my beastly tests. woot woot! I took two of those tests on Friday, which basically took me all day and night, so no fun plans for Grace on Friday night.  Saturday however was a good day - and Valentine's Day on top of all of that!  I went into work in the morning, and two of the guys that I work with were having birthdays, so we had a huge luau themed birthday party.  It was super fun.  We invited other houses and a good time was had by all.  We played games, had hawaiin food and sang happy birthday of course.  Plus I received flowers from the fam at work, which were awesome! And everyone thought I was getting them from some hot boyfriend - haha.  Then after work I chilled with some friends from the ward, which conveniently live across the hall from me.  We went to grab some food and on the way home is where it all went downhill..... what happened do you ask?
It was a dark night, around 10 PM.  We were driving down a small road in Provo, Utah, listening to music and discussing our uneventful Valentine's Day night.  All of the sudden out of nowhere I see a cat dart out in front of my car.  Before I could even register what to do, such as swerve off the road and risk our lives for this cat, or slam on the brakes and cause the car behind me to rear end me, I ran over the cat full on, and that cat was huge! I was afraid it did damage to my car.  Then I look into my rearview window and see this cat bolt off the street and lay on the snowy grass past the sidewalk.  At this point I'm wondering how in the world the cat had the strength to not only get up after being run over by a car with 3 people in it, but full on run out of the way.... So after a little debate in the car, we decide to go back and check on the cat to see what's up.  We don't dare get that close to it, but it is obviously flat as ever.  Then after a long argument on whether or not this cat is breathing, we decide there is nothing else that can be done so we leave and go home.  If you feel the need to write an ode to this cat or something, we could have a little competition or something, just leave it in the comments and the more creative, the better! I'll think about one too.  
On a much happier note, I won $30!  At work we get these "Making a difference Daily" bucks. So basically good deed bucks.  Now I didn't do anything amazingly novel, so don't get too excited.  But my manager gave me one for the month, which means that your name gets put into a drawing for prizes!! Needless to say I won the $30 prize - which was the 3rd highest prize.  There was a $100 and $50, but I wasn't that lucky.... But still... winning in general is pretty much awesome.  Well that's about all for my adventurous life, until next time!!

No comments: