Friday, August 26, 2011

News

I'm going to Jerusalem! In other words- I got in! I can't believe that it is all really happening. I have been dreaming about going for over 5 years now and it just doesn't seem real. I really really really am excited to go. I found out yesterday, which meant it was just a good day all around. But now today the reality of it has really sunk in. Because I'm going to Jerusalem on January 3rd, this is my last and final semester in Provo. And that is honestly kind of sad to me. As much as I have always talked about leaving Provo as soon as I can (which apparently I'm doing...), I really am going to miss it. And it is a heavy burden to carry, knowing that I only have 4 months to spend with the wonderful friends I have been able to make since I have lived here.

I moved to Provo for the first time in August of 2006. I went home for the summer of 2007, but other than that, I have lived here year round ever since then. It was a rough beginning, but as I got used to the Provo ways, it really has become a great place for friends and fun times. Although Provo definitely has its downsides, there are a lot of positive things that I will miss. Mainly the people that I have met and become so close to. You know who you are!

Now that I'm going to Jerusalem, I have all of these decisions to decide upon that I thought I had longer to make. Things that I was going to be deciding next semester all of the sudden have to be decided this semester. And it all seems very overwhelming. And yet I feel a peace about it all. I know that everything will work out for the best. It always seems to, miraculously.

I am very excited to be moving into the next stage of life, even though it kind of scares to daylights out of me. It feels so similar to the fear of leaving St. Louis to come out here, and yet I feel much more ready and prepared this time. I have learned so much during my years in Provo and I wouldn't trade those experiences for anything. To those of you reading this and are still in the Provo area- let's make these next 4 months count!!

1 comment:

Marge Bjork said...

congraaaaaaatullllllaaaaaations, congraaaaaaaatulllllaaaaaations, (imagine me singing this) congraaaaatulllalalalalalalations!!!!