Thursday, August 18, 2011

Yep, I'm a bloggin'

Surprised? You probably forgot I even had a blog. Well I'm here to remind you that I do. Well I can't sleep. It is exactly 1:18 AM at this very moment in time. And I am awake. Obviously. I have never had trouble sleeping in my life. But as of late, falling asleep seems to be quite a problem. Staying asleep is easy, but getting to that point seems to quite the challenge. Perhaps it's because I have so much on my mind? I'm not really sure. The weird thing is, is that I really am very very tired. And my eyelids are burning and screaming at me to please go to sleep. But once I lay down in my bed, these same eyelids refuse to stay closed. So here I am, blogging. This summer has been alright I suppose. June was kind of a drag. I had classes and that was fine and all, but in reality I just wanted to go on a million roadtrips like I did last summer. I did just get back from a month long vacation to my hometown, St. Louis, though. And that was very fantastic actually. While home, the fam and I also went to DC for a little vacation. I have literally been wanting to go to DC since I was in the 2nd grade. I did a little project on our nation's capital, particularly the smithsonian, and have been dying to go there ever since. Well here I am, 16 years later, and finally achieved my goal! And the best part of all is that it didn't disappoint. We were up and going all day every day, but I didn't mind because I wanted to see as much as possible.

So DC and St. Louis were marvelous. Being home for that long really was a pleasure. I was worried that I would be aching to get back to my life in Utah, but I somehow left wanting to stay even longer, which I guess is the way it should be. And now I've only been back for 3 days and I'm feeling bored out of my mind. I just want to be DOING something. And so, as you can imagine, I am ready for school to start. It starts a week from Monday, and I am counting down the days! I will probably be singing a different tune once I see how much reading I have to do this semester. Yikes. But I'm up for the challenge. I think.

As far as other updates go- I applied to go the Jerusalem center, and I should be finding out whether I got in or not in a matter of days. According to the itinerary, I should find out on or around the 19th of August. So 2 days (ish). I'm hoping the ish part might mean I will find out tomorrow. But I guess you just never know.

Well I think that is all for right now. Maybe I will try this whole sleeping thing.... again...

1 comment:

Marge Bjork said...

ah, good luck with the sleep. Maybe you should take up midnight bread baking and movie watching. Those are my favorite insomniac activities