Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Writing

Why does writing papers suck so much? I write all the freaking time. I write notes, I write in my blog, and I write in my journal. I easily write 50 pages a month. maybe more? that was an extremely rough guesstimate. But when it comes to writing a paper, I just don't have the motivation/ability to just WRITE. I've been sitting in the exact same spot for about 10 hours now. yes, 10. All because of a paper, that oh by the way I haven't even begun to write. Don't think that 10 hours has been wasted though- I've been researching. But now I think it's actually time to take the plunge- so obviously I needed to blog first to get in the writing mode perhaps? Or maybe it's just because I've felt a desire to blog again- because it's kinda been a while. On the few small breaks I took today, I did a few things that maybe you can enjoy as well.

Emma introduced me to a new pandora type station with no ads, got it? NO ADS! Anyway- she also introduced me to a new band MNDR (pronounced mandar according to this website). And I've been listening to her radio station all day long. I have even bought a few songs that I discovered through this station. Basically I'm transforming into an Indie-hipster. That's ok right?

I also read a really interesting article (also introduced to me by Emma) that expressed exactly how I've been feeling for a long time now and just haven't had the right words to truly express it. Emma got it from Alicia, and on her fb wall it has sparked quite a debate! I know that if people ever put links or videos on their blogs, I NEVER read/look at them, so I will understand if you choose to not look at this article either, but I'm just saying it's a great article. And although it's about women, it is written by a man and it meant for men. And I couldn't agree with the concept more. Try reading it and let me know what you think.


I also tried the New Special K cracker chips where you can have 30 great tasting chips for only 110 calories! Definitely wouldn't recommend them. They aren't as great tasting as the box tells you they are. The flavor isn't bad I suppose and they definitely aren't disgusting, but I wouldn't buy them again. They kind of have a styrofoam taste to them- just like rice cakes. But they aren't horrible I suppose. You can try them if you want, but hey I wouldn't do it.

Just imagine- I did all of this AND researched for a paper while remaining in the same chair all day. Good thing I had no class, right? Cool.

1 comment:

Marge Bjork said...

I dunno Hep Cat Grace, I'm kind of into those chips now...