Saturday, March 31, 2018

I Thank Thee, Oh God, For a Prophet

Today I had the amazing experience of sustaining the new prophet of our church, Russell M. Nelson. I was actually at the conference center back when there was a solemn assembly for Thomas S. Monson and it was such an incredible experience.  I worried that this time around, sitting on my couch just wouldn't be the same.  Fortunately, I was incredibly wrong.

It was such a powerful experience to stand and raise my hand to sustain our new prophet, even though it was just me and Flint watching together.  The spirit was so strong and my eyes got misty because I know that God calls prophets to lead his church.  And I felt the power of the congregation in that conference center and of members all around the world, standing and sustaining our prophet as well.  What a wonderful thing it is to uplift and strengthen one another in our faith and devotion to God and his will.

This week's blog post is short, but I wanted to write down my feelings before I forget them.  Especially since M. Russell Ballard encouraged us to do so in his talk.  President Nelson is called of God.  I know it.  And I can't wait to see what the Lord will do through him.  What an exciting time to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints!

If you are wondering about what I'm talking about- please go to lds.org or I'm always available to answer questions!

No comments: