Saturday, October 10, 2009

Bucket List

Well look at that... it is STILL October and I am updating my blog once again. This past week has been kind of a blah week, but I suppose there are still some highlights to add in. I am continuing to attend my Old Testament class every Tuesday and Thursday mornings. And wow am I learning SO much. I really look forward to diving in and studying the Old Testament every day and really look forward to going to class every week.
This weekend has been a good one for me. I spent most of yesterday up in Salt Lake, visiting my friend, Justin, who just moved there. It was so much fun to see him! Especially since I haven't been able to see much of him in the past two years, since we haven't lived in the same state and all. We went to lunch at a cute little Japanese restaurant called Koko's kitchen and shopping at Trolley Square and the Gateway. After that it was time for dinner, so we made grilled cheese and tomato soup and watched the Office. So funny! It was a really great night. Then today for work, we all went to the zoo. Our new guy, Randy (on the left) moved in last week and it has been a joy to get to know him. It was quite chilly out today, but it was actually a really enjoyable little visit. I'm not usually the biggest fan of the zoo, but all of the animals seemed to be perky today and it wasn't really hot, making it the perfect zoo day.

Well both of my parents had birthdays in the past week or 2. Having that in mind, I found multiple books yesterday while shopping that were something along the lines of "100 things to do with your life now that you're 50" or just things to do in general during your lifetime that if you haven't gotten accomplished yet, it was time to do. It really got me thinking about some goals that I wanted to set for things I want to get done in my lifetime, whether they be big or small. There are a LOT of things I would like to do, but I think I'll limit my list to 10 top goals I would like to accomplish by the time I die, if not by the time I'm 50.

1. Get a college degree- it might take me until I'm 50, but hey I'm going to do it! :)
2. Go to Jerusalem- if not for a semester abroad, then just in general
3. Learn to play the violin- I plan on doing this after I get married and have kids. Pretty much once all of my kids are in school, so I will have something to do during the days.
4. Play the 3rd movement of "Moonlight Sonata" on the piano- yes I WILL do this! This is not the traditional moonlight sonata that most people know, you will have to look it up to know what I'm talking about.
5. Volunteer in Africa- not really sure when I'll have the chance to do this, but I plan on doing it one day
6. Be in the live audience of the Ellen show- she is so great! And gives free stuff to people! lol
7. Stay one night in the Ice Hotel in Quebec, Canada and go dog sledding during the same visit- Look it up if you don't know what I'm talking about because it is awesome!!
8. Eat at one of Bobby Flay's restaurants (I mean the way fancy ones) in NYC- Bobby Flay is my favorite chef and I've never been to a ridiculously nice restaurant, so that's my reasoning behind that one.
9. Run a 5k- that's right! I'm already on my way to accomplishing this goal, if I can just stay on the right track
10. Write a book- I'm not really sure what kind of book yet, whether it be an autobiography, children's, research, or fiction, I will write one!

K those are a few of the things- or part of my "bucket list," if you will... What kind of things do you want to accomplish with your life?

1 comment:

Marge Bjork said...

1. go to Norway
2. meet Kim Jong-il
3. hang glide
4. play tambourine in a band on tour