Thursday, October 1, 2009

This and That

Alright, well... it's about that time that I got back on the bandwagon for updating my blog.  I've heard enough comlaints to make me want to change my ways! :)  So here are some pictures to show you what I've been doing with my time recently.  Last week, my friend Barbara came in town from St. Louis and we had a lot of fun.  This first picture is of us and our friend Justin.  We are at a park... which you can't tell from the picture... but that's where we are.  That weekend I also had a house warming party for my new house that I moved into.  I'll put pictures up of my new roommates soon- don't worry!  Anyway... it went really well I think.  We had about 50ish people there.  I made red velvet cupcakes and they were a huge hit!!  

Barbara and I also took our friend Trevor, who recently got back from a mission in Russia to go see our friend Miles, who goes to Utah State.  It was a lot of fun!  We went to this sit down restaurant (where Miles' brother Nathan also joined us) and got a whole meal for $2.50! Can you believe it?  It's some deal they have every Monday from 3-5.  So that was good.  Then we went to this carnival, where Trevor caught a goldfish (as seen in the picture below) and we went frisbee golfing! Wow did I suck at that... but it was still fun.  




Another thing we did that weekend, was go and see my brother's water polo game.  He plays for the U and it was an awesome game!  He was the star of the show.  He was scoring left and right! At one point this guy sitting next to us was commenting to these girls saying "Are you enjoying the Parker show??"  That just goes to show you what a star player he is!  Although I'm not a big sports person, I do enjoy water polo, especially when Pooky is playing.  The final score was 20 to 14, Utah.  And Parker scored 12 of those 20 goals.  This picture of him isn't very clear, but it was hard to get a good one from up in the stands.   


I have also been attending institute at UVU this semester, if I haven't mentioned this before.  And wow is it incredible!!  I'm learning about the first half of the old testament and boy have I been missing out.  I have read a lot of the old testament before, but I never even dreamed how much more I can get out of the stories it has to offer.  My teacher is amazing as well- and for that I'm extremely grateful.  
Work is also continuing to go well.  We've had quite a bit of change lately- but I think in the end it will be a good change.  One of our guys moved out of the house for various reasons - none of them bad, but it's just too hard to explain... and we are getting a new guy at the house! He moves in this weekend.  Even though he hasn't moved in yet, I've already met him multiple times and I think he's going to be a very good fit with the other 3 guys and the staff.  More info on that later.  But due to that, my schedule at work has changed a little bit.  I'm slightly frustrated by that... but I'm sure I'll get used to it in time.  I now get off at 9 PM on Thursdays and then work 5-9 AM on Friday mornings.  Tomorrow is the first time I will actually be doing this!  It'll probably suck at first... but I'm sure I can handle it.  Hopefully it isn't so permanent.... but for now it is until someone quits basically.  
My diet and exercise are still going quite well.  I am still doing the couch to 5k program.  I went running on Tuesday night at work (we have a treadmill) and I have been SO sore ever since! I'm not really sure why..... but it's back to the running tonight!  I've also been doing a slightly different version of the Special K challenge.  It's not as strict, but still healthy.  I recently discovered an awesome sandwich though, which I found the recipe for on the Special K site.  It's wheat bread, turkey, hummus, lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumbers.  It's called the medditerranean turkey.  And it's SO good! Simple, yet tasty! The original recipe calls for red peppers instead of tomatoes, but I didn't have any red peppers so I made the switch.  I guess let me know if anyone tries it that way and likes it!
Two quick side notes before I leave:
1. I saw Fame and it was awesome!! I would recommend it to anyone that likes musicals! Or just movies with dancing in them... and it's PG, so it's clean!
2. Current songs I feel people need to look into are :
*Blame it on the Girls by Mika
*Say Hey (I love you) by Michael Franti & Spearhead
*Bulletproof by La Roux - if you hurry on this one you can get it free on itunes this week!

That's all for now! I will be updating again soon!

P.S.  I've added some new things to my blog so make sure to check them out! You can preview some of the songs on my top 10 list.  Also- you should follow me if you aren't already!

No comments: