Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Yet Another List

Well I'm starting this entry without really having anything in mind that I want to tell everyone. So perhaps it will become more clear as I continue to type. This past weekend was a good one. On Friday night, I went out to dinner with some old roommates and neighbors. It was a lot of fun and we got to catch up. Afterwards my friend Justin, who lives in Salt Lake now, took me to his friends apartment and we played games. We played a card game called Guillotine (spelling on that one??) and then Taboo. I must say that I was rockin at Taboo and our team won of course. :) On Saturday I worked and then that night I went and saw "Where the Wild Things Are" with all of my roommates. I was quite excited to see this movie because I grew up reading this book, and I was quite impressed at how well they created a film lengthed story line based on a book that is only 10 sentences long. The movie is so sad though!! Maybe I was just in one of those uber sensitive moods, but it just really got to me. I don't want to spoil the movie, but I guess I just felt I could relate to Max, the main character, in some ways, even though our situations are really nothing alike at all. The kid in the movie was an excellent actor though, I must say. Yesterday was church of course. After church we had our first choir practice. My calling this year is the ward choir accompanist. I'm trying so hard to not be negative about this, but I just don't like choir. I don't like being in choirs, I don't like listening to choirs, and in the past I haven't liked accompanying choirs. So hey- maybe this experience will change my mind about the whole choir situation, but for now I will have to suck it up and do my duty. It might not turn out to be so bad afterall.
Well it's time for me to focus on a few positive things in my life. Lately I feel I have been enveloped in a world of stress and negativity and I feel the best way to get over that is to focus on the positive, which I must admit I have not been the best at throughout my life. So here it goes!
1. I got my Food Network magazine yesterday. I don't get to cook as often as I'd like, but I still just love looking through this magazine and reading all of the articles. Plus it gives me the motivaton to cook, and I have awesome recipes to choose from when I do find the time.
2. My institute class is amazing. I just got back from it, actually. I feel like I talk about it all the time, and I could seriously make a blog dedicated to just the Old Testament now, but it truly is amazing how much I have learned and how much the law of Moses for example, really does apply to my life.
3. Speaking of the Old Testament, I watched the Prince of Egypt yesterday and I just love that movie. The story of Moses is just incredible in itself and then having such amazing music to accompany the story is just so fun to watch and experience.
4. I got a letter from my friend Tyler in France the other day! When I first wrote him, I really didn't think he would ever write me back, or that he would just write me back once and that was it. But he has turned out to be such a good little pen pal! And we can write our letters in French, which is always fun.
5. I subscribed to TIME magazine, and wow am I glad I did that! There's something about being aware of what's going on in the world that just makes me feel more intelligent, and it's always good to feel smart.
6. One of my roommates has really inspired me to write a book. I told her about my idea, which I've had for a while, and yet never really put anything into it because I didn't think anyone would be interested in reading it. But she's interested, so it makes me think that other people would be too. So I've started outlining stuff, which is definitely a step in the right direction. Want to know my idea? You'll just have to wait a little bit for that one...
7. I absolutely LOVE the ellen show. It is seriously so fantasticly funny. Ellen is so great, and it just brings a smile to my face. I watch it every day at work, and it's just one of those little things in my life that makes me laugh.
8. Another great thing to watch on TV these days is "Glee." Wow is it so inventive! I love all of the music , the storyline, and just the acting in general is amazing. It's the perfect tv show, seriously.

Well that's all I've got for now... until next time!

2 comments:

Marge Bjork said...

hurray for outlines!

Freda Finlinson said...

I have absolutely no musical talent as you know; however my life is blessed by the musical talents of others. today there were 4 musical numbers performed by the choir, each moving me to tears. It elevated the quality & spirit of the meeting to a level that would not have been achieved otherwise. I think you should thank God everyday for the wonderful talent you have been blessed with. Rejoice in the opportunity to serve with the choir & other musically gifted people. Stop whining for Pete's sake. Besides, I need to know that all of those thousands of dollars I spent to further your gift have not been wasted :)