Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Goodbye Pooky

Well the time finally came this morning at 6AM. Parker left to go into the MTC. I can't believe that he litereally ON his mission at this very moment in time. I know he is going to be great, but it is just so sad to not be able to see him for 2 whole years! At the same time, I am almost looking forward to the bonding we will be able to have over written letters for the next 2 years. Is that weird? This is all assuming he will write me! haha. People express themselves differently in letters. I almost feel like they are more open and willing to share what they are really thinking. I guess because they can really think about what they are writing before they send it. Every time Parker has had something on his mind that he really wants to talk to me about, he has always written me a letter or email about it. So I feel like us communicating through the written word will be a good thing, even though I will definitely be missing him. He is such a special young man (cliche, I know). He loves everyone, he puts everyone at ease when they are around him, and he radiates with spirituality. He is ready to serve the Lord for 2 years. Although it is very emotional for everyone to see him go, I know he is doing the right thing, and that brings me peace and comfort. It pains me that I'm going to have to say goodbye to another one in a few years!! But I know that Parker is setting a wonderful example for Ethan, whom I also love. Ethan, if you ever read this, know that I love you and although you are terribly homesick at the moment (he's at scout camp), I am thinking about you constantly and praying for you. I have been blessed with the world's best brothers. Seriously. What did I do to deserve this?

1 comment:

Marge Bjork said...

you're pretty great yourself.

and letters are amazing.

bye Brother Pooky.