Friday, January 28, 2011

30 Day Challenge: Day 1

Well I've been thinking about doing this for a while now. A few of my friends have done this on their blogs and if for no other reason, I think it'll be fun! So basically there is a topic for each day and then I blog about it. Blogging daily... we will see if I'm up for the task! So let's get started, shall we?

Day 1: A Recent Picture of yourself and 15 interesting facts about yourself


1. I'm watching 30 Rock at this very moment in time. I freaking love this show, and I must say that Tracy Jordan is hilarious. Tina Fey is basically my hero for being an amazing creator of a great show and being hilarious at the same time.
2. My favorite color is purple. I'm actually kind of obsessed with it. Whenever I'm clothes shopping, I always go towards the purple sweaters, tank tops, dresses, skirts, etc. My purse is purple, my iphone case is purple, my sheets are purple, and trust me I have lots of other things that are purple. (you get the point)
3. Speaking of obsessions.... even more than the color purple, I am obsessed with Michael Jackson. I have been ever since my parents introduced me to his Thriller album when I was about 11 or 12 years old. I listened to that CD on repeat for months at a time, and then of course expanded to his other albums. I read everything I could about his life and watched every possible documentary on him. And nothing has changed. When he died, yes I cried while watching his funeral. A lot of my Christmas gifts through the past years of been Michael Jackson themed. Calendars, puzzles, DVDs, CDs, and this year the wii video game! Anyway, enough about Michael...
4. I just started a fashion blog. I really enjoy it and it's a nice little hobby I can do since I enjoy fashion but don't exactly want to get a career in the field.
5. I love making movies. They aren't amazing, but I still love filming them, editing them and then watching them and laughing a ton after I finish them.
6. I've been growing my hair out for about 2 years now and it is freaking long. Sometimes I just want to chop it all of because it really is a pain, and yet I love it being long. I've been hesitant to cut it because I've invested 2 years of time into at this point! haha. For now I'm going to keep it long though.
7. Until the age of 7 or 8, I SERIOUSLY thought my middle name was Lydia. I don't actually have a middle name, and was apparently upset by this as a child, so my parents told me that I did have a middle name and that it was Lydia. Fast forward a few years to my freshman year at BYU. I received a letter from BYU for some reason (I don't remember the contents) and guess who it was addressed to? Miss Grace L. Finlinson. Now you tell me what that L stands for!
8. Every time I look at the clock and it is 12:08, I always announce that it is 12:08 or at least smile to myself if I'm alone because it reminds of my birthday December 8th. I also get super excited when I meet other people that do this same thing. It's rare, but hey it happens!
9. I have a few mottos that I live by which some people think are kinda odd I suppose. One of them is the whole idea of mind over body. I believe this to an extreme actually. I honestly believe that being sick is a mental thing and that you can keep yourself healthy by simply putting your mind to it. It's not as simple as it sounds, but that's the basic idea.
10. I love nail polish and having painted nails. (As you can see from my last post) And as much as I love having painted nails, I hate having chipped nails, so I paint my nails a LOT. I have my phases where I won't paint them as much, but in general that's what I do.
11. I love Old Navy. I buy all of my clothes from there. Literally all of them. Every article of clothing that I am wearing right now is from Old Navy.
12. I never eat breakfast, but I love breakfast food. Savory breakfast food that is.
13. I took a picture every single day in the year 2010. I made the goal on Jan 1, 2010. And I stuck it out all the way to Dec 31, 2010. I have all the way to September 30th scrapbooked. Hopefully the rest will be done soon.
14. I love pop music. The poppier the better. I love Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber and most people in that same category. And I'm not afraid to admit it!
15. It took me far too long to come up with 15 things... and I'm once again watching 30 Rock. so good!

1 comment:

Freda Finlinson said...

hey, it's your mom... very cute picture! I love that you are going to be doing a daily blog, perhaps I'll get to know you better. :) OK, so here's the thing, I also smile to myself when my birthday is on the clock, 10:04... maybe we do have something in common ;)