Monday, April 4, 2011

My Favorite?

I usually say that my favorite apostle is either Dieter F. Uchtdorf or Jeffrey R. Holland. And that is strictly based on the fact that I usually get the most out of their talks. But I was pleasantly surprised by what my favorite talk at conference was. And it was a talk given by this guy:
Elder Richard G. Scott

His talk was so tender. It definitely brought tears to my eyes multiple times. I couldn't believe how tenderly and lovingly he spoke of his late wife. It touched me in a way that honestly surprised me. And it made me realize that how he spoke of his wife and marriage is what I want in my own marriage someday. His utter respect and admiration for this wonderful woman was so powerful and strong and yet meek and tender. It was beautiful to hear and beautiful to watch as tears gleamed in his eyes as he spoke of his wife and family. It just made me really realize what I really want and desire in life. What he has is what I want. And I'm not going to settle for anything less. His talk proved to me that having a loving spouse and children is the best and most rewarding thing that I could possibly have in this life and in the eternities. And it gives me hope that men like our apostles, especially Elder Scott are out there and truly appreciate and understand the importance of the women in their lives, especially their wives. So good new! These men aren't impossible to find! And that's what gives me hope. I'm so grateful that we have general conference. I always feel refreshed and renewed. And I always leave the sessions with a clarity that I can't seem to get any other time of the year. And it's wonderful. The church is true! So to explain my title- all I'm saying is that I think Elder Scott is a serious new contender for favorite apostle. Not that I need to have a favorite. I really do love them all. But I'm just trying to convey how powerful his talk was to me. Hopefully I did a somewhat adequate job. :)

1 comment:

Marge Bjork said...

agreed, his talk was beautiful for so many different reasons.