Saturday, February 25, 2012

Gethsemane

Today I went to the garden of gethsemane and it was a really awesome experience. There is the garden with the church of all nations right next to it, which is absolutely beautiful. And then there is a limited access garden across the street that is also the garden of gethsemane. And thanks to our dear friend Travis, we go into the garden! And it was so beautiful and serene. I'd like to share an excerpt from my journal that I wrote while there:

"I’m sitting and pondering in the garden of Gethsemane right now. And I just want to declare that I love my Savior! I am forever his unprofitable servant. I marvel at the love, perfect love that he freely gives to me. I did nothing to deserve the sacrifice that he made. And he didn’t have to do it. There was no obligation and yet because of His overwhelming love, I am the beneficiary of his eternal sacrifice. As I sit and ponder the great event that happened here, my soul is filled with joy and my eyes are filled with tears. Is a love so infinite and far reaching truly possible? My mind struggles to take in in but within my heart I know with an absolute assurety that it is so. My Lord, my God, my Savior suffered for my sins and it is that knowledge that empowers me. A little bit of God’s power lives in me and because of that a world of hope, love, and opportunity is opened up to me- despite any set backs I may have. And I may be the cause of some of those set backs but the atonement takes care and encompasses all of those shortcomings and failings. Because of Christ I don’t have to live my life in fear. I can stand with courage and know that all things will work together for my good, even if I don’t have all of the answers right now and nothing seems to make logical sense. I am renewed through Christ and His atonement and because of that I am able to be better. His grace is sufficient for me. With the Lord as my shepherd, I shall not ever want. I love him with all of my being and being here in Gethsemane reminds me of my testimony and how it strengthens me. Jesus is my rock, my strength, and my salvation. Praise God for the gift of his son."

2 comments:

Marge Bjork said...

what a beautiful experience

Emily Davis said...

So beautiful, thank you for sharing your testimony!