Thursday, February 4, 2010

February begins

Well an entire month as already passed in the year 2010. And boy did it fly by! I know it's quite boring to talk about the weather, but might I just comment on the lack of snow that Utah has had this winter? And it has been super warm. I have barely worn a coat this entire season. Maybe I've just become immuned to the cold, who knows. As nice as it is for it to be "warm," I do really miss the snow. But oh well...
Either way, January was a pretty decent month. Here are a few highlights of the past month:

- one of my roommates got a life size cardboard cut out of Obama! haha. So we've had fun with him. He's actually in our roommate picture for the semester. We get a lot of weird faces from all of these Provo conservative, which really only makes it better.
- I have been subscribing to food network magazine for a while now, and I decided to use some of the recipes! I hosted a dinner party and made a white chili, which was pretty good. Not as good as my mom's.... but still good. Then it was my friend Zach's birthday, so I made two different kinds of cupcakes. One was based off of a butterfinger, and the other on a snickers. The butterfinger ones were pretty good, but the snickers ones were heavenly. I will def be making those again.
- I went and got my hair done at the beauty school. It took over 4 hours.... yeah i know.... but the result turned out well! I just put blonde highlights in. I haven't put blonde in my hair since high school, so I was a little nervous, but it turned out really well!

I think that's all I have time for now, so I'll have to update again soon!


4 comments:

Emily Davis said...

I second your decision to do the snickers cupcakes again. They were divine.

Michelle said...

Can I please see pictures of the new hair? And is there a website with the recipe for these snickers cupcakes?

Marge Bjork said...

amen, good cupcakes.

Anna said...

Ok I need in on these cupcakes also is it even humanly possible that I work with you and I haven't seen you with your new hair yet ahhh I miss you and we need to go see a movie or anything pronto ok ahhh I Don't like not having our talk's in my life and now that I don't get to see you at all we need to come up with a system because I cant have another month like January Grace ha ha.