Tuesday, February 23, 2010

One Week

Yes that's right. Tomorrow marks my week mark without facebook. And let me tell you- I've never felt better. I in no way intend to permanently give up facebook - but I definitely think that I will only get one like once a week or less. I am definitely keeping the facebook app off of my phone. It is just too much! For those of you that have seen Wall-E. I feel like the woman who turns her virtual technology on her chair off and realizes that the place they are staying has a pool. I highly recommend this for anyone out there feeling a little too addicted to technology. This past weekend was a good one. On Friday, I went to this new restaurant called Smashburger with 2 of my friends. It was quite delicious! I would recommend it for sure. It was very trendy as well- and I'm definitely a sucker for trendy restaurants.
When I got back from dinner, we just had people from the ward over at the house all night. I just love our house! Not only do I just love the actual house, but just the feel of the house. My roommates are so amazing and everyone seems to just like coming over. And I love playing the hostess! So it really works out well. We played games, talked, etc. It was just a nice, fun, and relaxing night. On Saturday I worked, as usual. We took the guys to see the movie "When in Rome." I know, I know. Another chick flick, right? Well I definitely didn't pick this one. But hey at least I didn't pay for it. It was pretty bad. I mean it wasn't the most horrible movie that I've ever seen, but I would never recommend it to anyone. But then again, I'm not one for the romantic comedies. It was just blah. Not very funny, the story line was just predictable as usual, and yeah.... just not a good one. After work I went home and my girlfriends and I all got ready for the cinderella ball! All the girls in the ward had turned in a shoe the week before, and then the guys all picked a shoe, not knowing whose shoe it was to be their date. It was a formal, so we were all getting dress, doing hair, doing make up, etc. It was a lot of fun! And that was before the dance even started!
The event itself was also good. We had dinner with our dates. Mine was a guy named Ross. A very nice guy. Then the dancing started. It was a ton of fun! Our ward is really close, so just being all together was a blast. After the dance we all went to the malt shopp to get milkshakes. So I'd say that was a successful night! So yeah... that's a quick rundown of my weekend. Until next time!

No comments: