Thursday, March 15, 2012

Day 3 in Turkey: Another Good One

On the next day of our beloved Turkey trip, we spent a lot of the day on buses, continuing our trip down the coast of this beautiful country. Our first stop was at Assos, which is a place mentioned in the bible, where Paul landed one of his voyages. Assos was so gorgeous. It had an amazing view and was full of cool ruins as well. Here is a picture of me loving Turkey: Don't mind the hair in my face... haha. It was windy!
We got to spend some time reflecting, which was really great to just look out onto the sea and think about life. And basically I just thought about how incredibly blessed I am. I know I keep saying that, but Turkey just reminded me of it every single moment of every single day. We seriously lived the life. We were fed incredibly well and stayed in awesome hotels with awesome people and visited awesome places. Jealous yet? :)

After spending even more time on the bus, we finally got to our next destination, which was Pergamom. The home of the "sleepest teeter" in the world. That's what our tour guide, with a think Turkish accent called it. That just means steepest theater, in case you are wondering. haha. We had to take this air lift capsule things up to the site, which was really fun! Here is a pic of myself, Jake, Madison and Kyle riding up to the site:
The ruins were really great and once again the weather was really great as well. Here's a pic of Madison, myself, Amy and Loie in front of the city of Pergamom. Pretty sweet, right?
That was pretty much our day. Because after that we had another long bus ride to our hotel in Selcuk, which is the modern day name for Ephesus. And it was another hotel on the beach, which was awesome. Our hotel looked like a large cruise ship on land. It was weird, but cool. And it was HUGE. Plus we got to go to the beach again, so hey I was happy. And the sunset was gorgeous. OMG I LOVE TURKEY!!!! I want to go back sooooo bad! Anyway.... that concludes day 3 of our trip.

No comments: