Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Turkey: Day 2

Day 2 included us taking a ferry over to the Asian side of Turkey and starting our travels down the coast. It was the most relaxing day of the trip, and I definitely didn't mind because I felt lie I was actually on vacation! This is Travis and I about to get on the ferry across the dardenelles. Look how blue the water is!
We then made our way to Troy, which was a lot of fun because there was a wooden horse there! Mainly good for photo opps, but hey that's what we came for, right? :) Travis and I are in the 3rd window from the right, in case you can't see me.
Here is Loie, Amy, Madison and I spelling Troy with our bodies. We tried to spell all the places that we went, but it didn't always turn out the best. So Troy turned out pretty good, which is why I share this picture with you. Aside from the Trojan horse, there was just a bunch of ruins there (like everywhere else) but it was still really cool and beautiful of course. The weather was once again on our side and I was enjoying soaking up the son.
From Troy we drove down to our hotel, which was a private beach resort where we were the only ones there. And it was soooooo amazing! We didn't swim because it wasn't that warm, but it was just so nice to be able to spend time relaxing on the beach. And that is pretty much what we did for the rest of the day. Seriously incredible. So we took some awesome sexy beach hair photos, as seen below:
This is the view from my room. Pretty sweet right? I seriously loved that day just as much as the days that I spent viewing important historical sites. Because like I said, we were on a real vacation for a day! And the beach was just gorgeous. So amazing.
After spending all day on the beach, we watched the sunset, which was so awesome and lovely.
And then that night we had a bonfire/dance party on the beach! And it was soooooo fun! I couldn't help but feel so incredibly blessed during that night. And how grateful I am to be having these experiences while I am young. I will have these experiences to look back on for the rest of my life, and for that I am eternally grateful. I have made some of the best friends of my life here, and I'm so glad that I have this experience to share with them as well. There's nothing like a international trip to bring people together! And fire and dancing too of course.
C'est la vie!

1 comment:

Hermana Ferrin said...

I love it when I appear in your blogs. Especially looking so sexy. :)
- Glee