Friday, March 30, 2012

Tel Aviv!

So I just got back from Galilee and it was incredible! I first need to tell you all about my trip to Tel Aviv the Sunday before we left- so literally the day before we left. A huge group of us went up in vans- it is about a 45 minute drive. Here are all of the girls in front of the city- ready to start our day of adventure! We didn't stay in the group the whole day though. I ended up hanging with Jarom, Travis and Amanda all day, which was great!
We started out by going to the Carmel market, which is just a really really big shuk with tons of stuff to buy and look at. It was pretty awesome! I didn't end up buying anything. I tend to have this problem. When I have SO many things to look at and buy I just get overwhelmed and end up buying absolutely nothing.... awesome. But hey it was still fun to look around and watch other people buy stuff :) I didn't end up getting a pic of the market... which is kinda dumb on my part. I have really been slacking on taking pictures lately... I guess I'm all pictured out. But don't worry- I still took some!

After the market, we walked down the board walk along the coast and found a prime beach spot for eating our lunches. We found some more people from the JC there and decided to join them. Here's Lee and I striking a pose at the beach: It was such a beautiful day!!!!
We the headed over to Historic Old Jaffa, which was really awesome. The architecture was great and all of the shops were also great. I found a friend there:
We also went to the flea market in Jaffa, which was very cool. Here is Amanda and I on the streets of Old Jaffa with part of the flea market.
After that we headed over to the wishing bridge and Tel Aviv look out, which was so cool! Here is Jarom and I at the look out:
The wishing bridge is this ancient legend, where you touch your zodiac sign- as represented on different plaques all across the bridge and make a wish as you look out to the sea. If you do this, your wish will come true. So here we are making our wishes! I'm a sagittarius in case you are wondering :)
We then headed to the beach and spent the rest of the afternoon there soaking up the sun and playing in the water and sand. We stayed there until sunset which was absolutely gorgeous- as seen by this photo:
We ended the night with dinner at Moses' burger- which was SO good! You want to know why it was so good? Because it was non kosher burgers! And that means multiple things: first of all you can get cheese on your burger, second of all you can get bacon on your burger (amazing!) and third of all there is blood in your meat- which makes it taste so much better! Never thought I'd say that! And I also never realized how much I missed bacon... haha. But it was so freaking good. I didn't realize I missed American food so much. I got a bacon guacamole burger and it was divine. To say the least. Here's travis and I enjoying our non kosher meal:
So yeah, overall a great day!! Tel Aviv is amazing. We def didn't see everything there was to see, but hey it was still great and the beach was amazing! Stay tuned to hear about my Galilee adventures!

No comments: