Monday, April 16, 2012

Last Free Day of my Study Abroad

Quick post- might be the last one I do in Jeru! On Sunday we went to Ein Karim, which is the birth place of John the Baptist. The village is so awesome! There were multiple churches there, which were really cool and then shops and such. Here's a pic of us at the church of St. John the Baptist:
Later that day we took a tour of the Knesset, which was really cool. Here I am in front of the room where parliament is!
This is a statue outside of the Knesset:
Then yesterday we had a field trip to different sites from the last week of the Savior's life. Here's a pic of me inside of Lazarus' tomb at Bethany:
This is the tear drop church, commemorating the place where Jesus looked out over the city and wept over Jerusalem.
Here is Madison and I looking out at the city, just as Christ would have done.
Sorry this is short- but we are leaving tomorrow and I have to pack!!

No comments: