Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Spending Easter in Jerusalem, what could be better?

Well it was Easter this past Sunday, as you all know. And it was the best Easter of my life, seriously. All of these events happened in Jerusalem and here I am having the opportunity to celebrate that in the holy land. Once again, I am so blessed and simply overwhelmed with gratitude. A group of us woke up extremely early in order to go to the Garden Tomb service at sunrise. And it was SUCH a powerful experience. The workers there just simply know what they are doing. They are the kindest people- true Christians! They are all from the UK and just do everything so well. The service was absolutely amazing. Here is Jarom and I waiting in line at 6 in the morning!
Then inside of the garden, they had a live band playing Christian music. And the music was just so powerful and lively. And I was so touched by all of the words. The spirit was so strong there! Everyone there could feel it. And once again the feeling of Christians from all over the world from all different sects were there to celebrate the miracle that Jesus lives! And it was just amazing. Words seriously cannot describe it. I just cried with tears of joy and gratitude. And Easter now just has even more significance to me, even though I have always known that it was important. Here is me in front of the tomb with the band next to it:
They also had a sermon that was absolutely incredible. It is amazing to me how much I have learned from the Christians here. It is truly inspiring. Here is the podium that he spoke at:
Here we are in the crowd!
The tomb was closed to remind us that the tomb is empty- "He is not here- for He is risen!"
I will never forget this day. I know you get tired of me saying this, but seriously. I. Am. BLESSED!

1 comment:

jennifer farrell said...

i made the blogggggg!! such a happy moment :)