Thursday, April 5, 2012

More Jeru Fun- my time here is coming to a close :(

On Tuesday a group of us went to Pater Noster church- which is the place that I blogged about earlier with all of the different Lord's prayers in different languages. We went there to read the account in Mark 13 to continue or celebration of Holy Week. When we first got there, however, it wasn't opened yet, so we decided to go to the tomb of the prophets first. It was kinda ghetto, but still really fun. You go underground and then it is just a bunch of caves. They give you candles since it is pitch black down there, and that is pretty exciting. Apparently prophets such as Malachi and Haggai are buried there... pretty cool! Even though highly unlikely in my humble opinion. Well here's some pics: Travis and I at the entrance
Inside with our candles:
That night we went and saw the Hunger Games! It was pretty good. Here is us on the way to the movie- this is me inside a Travis sandwich.
The next day (yesterday) we went on our Jewish quarter field trip. This is David and I in front of the broad wall- which is one of the original walls during the time of Jesus.
We also went to the original steps up to the temple mount that Jesus himself would have DEFINITELY walked on. Not one of those sites that he may more may not have been to. He was there. And walked on these steps. Here is me walking in the same place as Christ!
This is me sitting on the steps. I'm on the original steps. The ones behind me are restored.
Pretty much it was an awesome day. More fun to come!

No comments: