Monday, March 15, 2010

Care to Dance?

Well this past week end was full of fun. On Friday night I went to my friend Jacq's wedding reception. It was a super creative and fun reception. For food they had little mini chinese carry out boxes with stir fry, a quesadilla bar with multiple salsas to choose from and then a mashed potato cocktail bar with lots of different toppings for your potatos. Very unique if you ask me. The decor was also nice and the atmosphere was light and fun. After the reception my roommates convinced me to attend an institute dance. I was skeptical because I feared it would have bad music, lots of young freshmen, etc. When we got there it was like a flashback to 2004. Seriously. Everything about a youth dance from when I was 14-18 was at that dance. There were people in costumes, brownies and water jugs in the back, the occasional slow song where couples get together and discuss the typical questions such as "what's your major?" or "where are you from?", and of course the random couples that have felt that magical spark and go to roam the halls one on one as opposed to dancing the night away with the rest of the crowd. Although this might sound like I had a bad time, it was actually quite fun. The music wasn't terrible, and for the most part danceable. And that's what really matters. Levi and I (seen below) did an amazing dance number to some typical slow song.... I'm not quite sure which one at the moment. Either way, it was fun, and I didn't regret going. I also found out that Taylor and Evan have a love for the backstreet boys, which just makes me love them more!
On Saturday it was my roommate, Emily's birthday. We threw a musical themed party. We had showtunes playing the entire time and enjoyed each other's company. Some spectacular dancing also made the night just ever so magical.
On Sunday I spoke in church. My topic was "Maintaining enthusiasm in the gospel." Interesting, I know. I opened my talk by poking fun at myself and noting the irony of giving a non enthusiastic person this topic. I was afraid at first that no one would find this funny, but fortunately everyone laughed and it was a great start to a hopefully great talk. It was also pi day on Sunday, so of course we had a pie party at our house. Lots of people, lots of pie, and lots of fun. That is all for now.....

1 comment:

Marge Bjork said...

oh my gosh that food sounds so good