Wednesday, March 3, 2010

On Repeat

I have this quirk, if you will, of discovering a song that I really like and then playing it on repeat about 1,000,000 times. I have been listening to "say say say" by Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson for the past half hour on repeat. No joke. I realize that this quirk actually is very telling of how the apple does not fall far from the tree. My father does the same thing. He always has, and it drives my mom crazy. Sometimes I think that I can't listen to a song this much, but then I ask myself "Why the heck not?" If I want to listen to a song on repeat for hours on end, why can't I? So what if I eventually become sick of it? If it's that good of song, that wouldn't happen anyway, right? So I went through my itunes just now and categorized the songs according to play count. Here are my top 10 played songs:

1. Bang Bang (feat. Adam Levine) by K'naan. This comes in at a whopping 192 plays
2. Dangerous (feat. Akon) by Kardinal Offishall. Play count: 164
3. Share it With Me (Smile Future Remix) by Family Force 5. 153 listens
4. Evacuate the Dancefloor by Cascada. coming in at 105
5. Party in the U.S.A. by Miley Cyrus (yes I know...) 96 times
6. Mad by Ne-Yo. 95
7. Bulletproof by La Roux. featured 89 times
8. Down (feat. Lil Wayne) by Jay Sean. big ole 85
9. Human by the Killers. also at 85
10. Shake It by Metro Station. Shakin 83 times

I do have to admit that I'm a little surprised by a few of these- such as Evacuate the Dancefloor and Human... but hey itunes doesn't lie! Of all of these songs, those would be the two that I would put in the "I'm tired of that song" category. Say Say Say is currently on its 13th play. And yes- this is my second blog post in one day. Amazing what no facebook will do to you. (it's been 2 weeks!)

No comments: