Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 10

Day 10: A Picture that Confuses You

When I saw this topic I knew exactly what picture I wanted to pick. As it has been stated many times before, I went to Hawaii this summer with some friends. We rented out this house a block away from the beach and it was awesome. Something that made it even more awesome was the art that was put all over the walls. It was usually stuff with extremely strange quotes and such. Anyway- the best one/most confusing one was this poster mounted in the dining room.
Can someone please explain this picture to me? It was a great topic of conversation for everyone that went to Hawaii with me, and no one could really figure it out. How does an egg flying in the sky with butterflies coming out of it over a chess board explain perspective?! Like seriously.... if you guys have any idea... please let me know, I'd be interested to know what your thoughts on this are.

Oh. and the quote underneath "Perspective" says "Change is not only necessary to life... It is life" What the heck?

2 comments:

Freda Finlinson said...

OK so eggs are symbolic of life, butterflies symbolize change (metamorphosis), the black & white floor or checkerboard represents perspective... are there black tiles on the white floor, or white tiles on the black floor? also the lines on the floor show depth. The sky is blue but has clouds... so is it party sunny, or partly cloudy? It's all in your perspective. Having said all that I agree that this is a weird picture. :)

Marge Bjork said...

I should think this is obvious: Change is life. The picture is so horrendous you have to change it so you can live your life. The way it should be lived.