Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 11

Day 11: Favorite Movies

I actually did a post on this a while back. I suppose I could post a link to it... but ehh... I'm pretty lazy.

Favorite movies are hard to determine for me, as I'm sure it is for everyone else as well. There are movies that are just good movies, plain and simple. Good meaning well written, good acting, and beautiful cinematography. But those movies aren't always the kind that I want to watch all of the time. Then there are the movies that I could watch over and over again- so they are my favorite simply because of their rewatchability. There are a few movies that fit both categories, but it's not often. And then there's always the mood factor. Sometimes I'm in the mood to watch a light hearted movie, or a sad one, or a mind-blowing one. So it's hard to really say what my favorite movies are... With that being said, I am making this topic a lot harder than it needs to be. So I think I'm going to pick my top 3 in different categories of my choosing.
Overall Favorites:
1. Moulin Rouge
2. Beyond the Sea
3. Vanity Fair

Rewatchable ones:
1. Clueless
2. Zoolander
3. Hairspray

Animated Movies:
1. Nightmare Before Christmas
2. Toy Story 3
3. The Princess and the Frog

Mind-blowing Movies:
1. The Others
2. Inception
3. The Sixth Sense

Musical:
1. Singing in the Rain
2. 7 Brides for 7 Brothers
3. Meet Me in St. Louis

Recent Faves:
1. Tangled
2. The Social Network
3. Harry Potter 7

Tearjerkers:
1. Steel Magnolias
2. The Last Song
3. Moulin Rouge (sorry for the repeat)

Chick Flicks:
1. Mean Girls
2. 500 Days of Summer
3. Legally Blonde

Other:
1. Edward Scissorhands
2. Ray
3. Strictly Ballroom

There are so many good ones out there! But I will leave it at that...

1 comment:

Marge Bjork said...

I'm an expert on film so I won't comment. I don't want to intimidate anyone.