Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 20

Day 20 : A Bible Verse

Joshua 22: 5

" But take diligent heed to do the commandment and the law, which Moses, the servant of the Lord charged you, to love the Lord your God, and to walk in all his ways, and to keep his commandments, and to cleave unto him, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul."

I guess you'd like my thoughts on it to? I'd say the verse is pretty self-explanatory. But I really like the word diligent- its requires a certain dedication and exactness to God and to his laws. It's nothing for the faint of heart. We must cleave to him, and give all of ourselves to him. And that is definitely not easy. To give of your entire self requires energy, effort, and the ability to humble yourself and recognize that you aren't the one in control. That is definitely a hard thing for me to grasp. Anyway- here's to being able to give of my WHOLE self to God with ALL of my efforts.