Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 9

Day 9 - Someone or something that has gotten you through a lot

Just for the record- a lot of different people have gotten me through a lot of different things in my life. But I'm really an independent type of person- to a fault actually. When I'm truly suffering, I tend to keep most of it to myself and just tell myself that I can get through it by myself. I do have one thing though that has truly gotten me through every possible problem that has come up in my life. And that thing is my journal, or I suppose multiple journals at this point.

I guess it's kind of an odd thing to choose, but it is absolutely true. With journal writing, I just find it sooo therapeutic. I can write anything that I'm thinking about whenever I come across a problem in my life. It allows me to vent and not hold back, get excited over stupid things, and just be myself and think and write whatever I feel like writing. And it's very fun to go back and read my journals as well.

Whenever I'm going through a really hard time, I can express my fears and pains and such to their full extent and not worry about other people worrying about me. Which is where the whole independence thing comes in I guess. I can also really see how much I have been blessed with as I write down all of the good things that have happened to me and how much God watches out for me and loves me. It's a good way to reflect on the past, live in the present and look forward to the future at the same time. I'm a huge advocate of journal writing- I can't say enough good about it. So I suppose that's what has gotten me through the most, if not everything.

1 comment:

Marge Bjork said...

journals are the greatest. i wish i was literate so I could keep one.