Thursday, June 17, 2010

Comedy

So I work a 15 hour shift at work- and 10 of these hours are just straight up down time. So I can do whatever I please- which is actually pretty nice. Aside from the fact that we don't have the internet. But that's also nice as well sometimes. So last night I was going through all of the shows we have on demand at work and I came across a show called "The Last Comic Standing." I'm sure everyone else has heard of this show.... since it's on its 7th season and all.... but this is the first time that I have ever heard of it. For those of you in the same boat as me- it's just another reality elimination show (i.e. American Idol) with 3 judges and all. And it's for comedians- if you haven't picked up on that already. So I sat there and watched a few episodes of all the auditions that the comedians go through. And I am just amazed! Comedians can pick any little aspect of their day and turn it into an incredible joke! It's quite impressive actually. I feel like if I were a comedian I would have to go through my day thinking "is this funny? Can I turn this into a joke? Will people laugh at this?" I just feel like that would be so much pressure!! And hoping that people will laugh at you is so stressful! So these people have got to be pretty confident in their humor! I would say I'm a relatively funny person- or at least I have the ability to be funny. But I can't even imagine having to make people laugh for a job.... it's crazy! So yeah- good for you, all of you comedians. I could never do what you do. I can enjoy laughing at your stories though. I'll leave the joke telling to you guys :)

1 comment:

Taylor Gersbach said...

i think sometimes my job should be making people sad. is there a job like that? like if i could throw water balloons at people for a living...that would be so amazing.