Friday, June 4, 2010

Our Final Day

Well I tried uploading more pictures into this post, but for some reason it's just not letting me! Oh well you'll get the point from the ones already on here. Plus once again you can go to facebook and look at tons of them there. So our last day there was the absolute perfect day. I could go back and relive it over and over again. I don't think I'll ever forget it, actually. So we woke up and went to church with the family we were staying with. And yes they are the best family ever!! (aside from my own i suppose.... haha) Church was really great- it was a really small ward. And I mean tiny!! But there was a great spirit about it. From church we drove straight to Monteray, which was gorgeous. From Monteray we all piled into Levi's car and drove to the famous 17 mile drive. I had never heard this drive, but apparently it's famous. Anyway- we got to the drive- which costs $9.50 by the way... and drove around. Along the drive there are various stopping points that you can get out and look around. So we stopped at one of the points and had a wonderful picnic on the beach. It was just so picturesque - if you can't tell from all of these pictures.




After the beach, we headed back to our new family's house for dinner. And wow was it delicious! After dinner we all hung out and took fun pictures with the girls- Rachael, Olivia, Lily, and Gwen. They are the cutest girls ever!! If I haven't already mentioned that. Watching the boys interact with the little girls was so precious! Here's Evan and Olivia.
Gweny Gwen is SOOO cute! Check out that hair!!
Our new big family. So fun!
One of my favorite pictures from the trip. L-R. Lily, Evan, Olivia, Tay Tay, Levi, and Gweny.
The girls were giving us the full treatment! They gave Elise and I neck and foot massages and painted our toe nails. All while Emily was serenading us. Fanstastic
And then we headed back down the beach for the final time to watch the sunset. It was magnificent.



After we got back, the girls convinced Levi and Evan to get their toe nails painted as well! They were such good sports about it! And I know they secretly loved it haha!
We ended the night with James showing us how to make soft pretzels. They were so fun to make and delicious as well!!
So yeah that was my perfect day. I wish it could have never ended. It was sad to leave them and California. But we had to get back on the road the next morning and head back to Provo :( Hopefully I will find myself in California again soon. Hope you enjoyed the pics!

1 comment:

Marge Bjork said...

Gracie, you can always keep california in your heart.