Thursday, June 3, 2010

San Fran adventures continued

A day and night on the town. And boy was it phenomenal. I'm running out of adjectives to describe it actually.... So our first stop was the Golden Gate Bridge. It was a blast- the weather was perfect. It wasn't too hot, and yet there was a slight wind that kept it comfortable. We walked across it and took a ton of pictures- so fun!
Our next stop was Fisherman's Wharf on the pier. Of course we had to get the famous clam chowder in a bread bowl. And boy was it delicious!! The chowder? fantastic. The bread bowl? fantastic as well.
Ghirardelli square is right next to Fisherman's Wharf so of course we had to go over and get a free sample of chocolate!
Chinatown was the next destination on our agenda. We shopped around at all of the different shops. They had a lot of cool stuff- but most of the stores only accepted cash- I'll have to remember that for next time.
My good old friend Sarah met us for dinner at a place called Park Chow's. It was tasty! And it was so good to see her. I hadn't seen her since she moved out to CA- which was like 2 years ago!
After dinner we went down town to catch the trolley back up to Fisherman's Wharf. It was SO fun! I figured I would like it, but not half as much as I actually did. Thank goodness Emily talked us into doing it, because we almost didn't!
The only thing open once we got back up there was Ghirardelli square so we went in for ice cream and hot chocolate. The hot chocolate was divine I must say. And the ice cream was fab as well.
Then we made our way back down to our cars on the trolley. On the way back we were the only ones on the trolley, which was exciting.
On our way home we stoped at the Fine arts museum to admire the fine architecture and the beauty.
And that ended our day of touring San Fran. It was so fantastic. I can't wait to go back someday. I wouldn't want to live there due to traffic and parking fees. But a suburb very close by would be ideal I must say!

No comments: