Tuesday, June 22, 2010

You Will Be Missed

Dear Randy,
You were only in my life for a short 9 months, but I will miss you. It was so hard for you to leave your mom's house and venture out to live on your own for the first time. It was hard for us to know how to help you sometimes, and I wish I could have been better at knowing how to help you. Remember all of the fun things we did with the guys? We went to the zoo, we went to see countless movies, we went on picnics. I will never forget your undying love for Elvis. I wish I could have seen you perform in your costume, singing Blue Suede Shoes. I hear it was incredible when you did it at work. You had a wonderful family that loved you very much. You used to always talk about how much you missed your dad. And you would always ask me if he was coming back. And I always had to remind you that he was in heaven. Then you would ask me when you would be able to see him again- and I told you that when it was your time to go, you would see him again. And I suppose your time has come. I'm glad that you are finally with your dad. You have been wanting to see him for so long. And I'm sure he's been wanting to see you too. I'm sure you're having a great reunion right now. And one day, hopefully a long time from now, I will see you again as well. It really touched me that you asked for me on the day of your surgery before you even asked for you mom. I'm glad you left this life not being mad at me, because I know you often were :) You don't have to have any more bad days- and I'm so happy for you. You don't have to struggle with the things you had to struggle with on earth. I know you are happy now, and that makes me happy. I will miss you, but I know I will see you again. Thank you for being a part of my life.

Love,
Grace

2 comments:

Kjerstin Evans Ballard said...

Gracey. You win.

Anna said...

oh thank you for writing this I meant everything i said in mine but this just takes the cake on describing him a lot better I will miss him and I know how happy he must be right now. its just been a lot harder then I thought it would be but thank you for this post.