Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Drama

On pretty much any given occasion you can often find me saying something along the lines of :

"Drama is the spice of life!"

"Everyone loves drama, some people just don't like to admit it"

"The sooner you learn that everyone loves drama, the better"

or as the headline of my blog says- "Drama is life without all the boring parts"

Who's with me?! Seriously though- I totally understand that gossiping is wrong and that having to know everything about everyone is not always the best quality, but you just need to learn to do drama right! I'm not necessarily saying that I've learned how to do it right, but I know there is definitely a way to do it. Let's make life interesting, shall we?

I just love learning about people. I love getting past the small talk and really diving into what makes someone who they are. I guess it's also my way of just showing people that I care- because I honestly do care about what is going on their life. I care about what has happened in their pasts and I care about what is going to happen to them in the future. I suppose some people would call this being dramatic. And that's fine. I fully on admit that I am THE drama queen. And I will gladly wear the title- I just want to say that it's not a bad title to have.

Yes I want to know everything about you. Yes I will ask questions that you probably aren't used to hearing. But the more I ask questions, the more I realize that people are a lot more open than we give them credit for. You just have the ask the right questions! I have also found that in general, people love to talk about themselves- which is fabulous for me because then I can just soak up all the little details and form a stronger bond of friendship. I think it all depends on your motivation behind getting to know people. Are you genuinely interested in them? Or are you just wanting to know everything about everyone for your own status? That's the difference. I'd like to think I'm the former, but I guess you can make your own opinion on that one.

So maybe it's "dramatic" for me to want to know every little detail. Maybe it's dramatic for me to encourage people to get together. Maybe it's dramatic for me to push people to do things- when really I'm just doing it because I care. And maybe it's dramatic for me to react so passionately about things that happen in people's lives, including my own. But if being dramatic like this is wrong, then I don't want to be right! It truly is the spice of life, and it makes for a more intersting and fun time.

Drama you ask?

Yes.

2 comments:

Anna said...

I am the same way grace and I totally agree that there is a way that there is a way to do it right. I hope I can learn the best way to do it right for me and everyone around me.

Pete said...

Totally Grace, I love drama too. I mean I crave for something exciting to happen at work. One of these days I'm going to body slam my boss or something :)