Monday, June 7, 2010

Summer Night's Dream

Last night was such a good night. I got home from a friend's house, which was very enjoyable. Levi, Angela and I then made paninis for a late dinner, which were delicious. Once it got dark, my roommate Emily and I took some lawn chairs and went and sat in the front lawn. The weather was perfect. We just sat there and talked and enjoyed the fresh night air. It did rain for a few minutes, but not bad enough for us to go inside. Our friend James then came and joined us. He also brought some fresh strawberries with dip. Fantastic. As the night progressed more of our dear friends joined us on the lawn. Jonathan pulled up a chair, then Evan brough a blanket and spread his ever so long body across the lawn. Taylor and Trent came and joined in the laughter, which eventually drew Angela and Elise out of the house as well. We all laughed and chatted about this and that. Jonathan then put on some amazing music that just set the mood for an incredible summer night. I eventually laid down next to Evan and James and just looked up at the night sky. I started thinking about how great my life really is. I have such wonderful friends and God has created such a wonderful world for us to live in. The stars are always such awe inspiring for me. I was kind of quiet while everyone else was talking and I was soaking up every moment, thinking about how I never want this time in my life to end. I wanted the night to just keep going and going and going. It was perfect in every single way. And a lot of my days have been feeling that way lately. Yes I still have my hardships, but in general I just feel ever so grateful to be able to have the experiences that I've been having lately. Unfortunately a lot of my dear friends will be moving after the summer ends and everything will change. I hate the thought of it, but I'd just like to soak up every moment this summer that I possibly can. Each moment is precious, as cliche as that might sound. I hope to have many more summer nights like the one I had last night.

3 comments:

Jonathan Weiss said...

Me too Grace. I want those summer nights as well. I am so excited to have in my circle of dear friend. I am completely selfish but you make my days even if I do very little to make yours and do very much to confuse you with my absurdities!! Sweet dreams. PS Whats the deal? 80)

Marge Bjork said...

this is a great summer! I am sure glad that you're not moving.

Emily Davis said...

I am glad I'm around this summer with you. You are amazing.