Friday, June 11, 2010

Ode to the Manor Girls

I know a lot of people think that they have the best roommates ever, but I'm ready to argue that I really do. Where would I be without these girls? (And Obama as well of course) There's such a great spirit about my Utah home that has yet to compare to anywhere else. And it's all because of you girls. I love coming home to your smiling faces and debriefing every detail of our days. I love the smell of Elise's cooking and that she's always willing to share. I love that at any given moment, there is a pile of dough rising somewhere in the kitchen. I love staying up ridiculously late with Emily, even though she has work early in the morning. I love how our entire house has grown to revolve around my work schedule. It really means a lot that you guys enjoy having me around that much. I love coming home to Emma sitting outside on the porch with her computer and that she's willing to sleep outside with me when it's warm. I love that I can be my complete self around you girls and I hope you guys feel the same way about me. I love that Angela is always willing to sacrifice some sleep so we can talk about our days and debrief about all of the boy drama- or lack thereof. I just love the overwhelming feeling of love that radiates from you girls. We all lift each other up, and that's how friendship really should be. I wish we could all be roommates forever and never have to move. I know this is unrealistic, so I just want to enjoy everyone as much as possible this summer before everything has to change. I love you girls and you have definitely changed my life for the better!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i shed a tear or two..



i love yal


every last stinkn one of yal

salut
john

wait..grace! i love you :)

Marge Bjork said...

ok so look at that picture and you can see my little bald spot.

ps. love you too.

Kjerstin Evans Ballard said...

This is me following you. :)